Monday, July 6, 2009

Alternate Forms of Communication

I was looking at the blogs of note section today. Hurrah for people who spend their lives doing interesting things and writing them down so the rest of us sitting in our living rooms may pretend that we are in fact doing them. Or, perhaps we imagine that we are gathered around a family room looking at slides and all commenting intelligently upon them. We give our remarks sparingly "The rhinocerous came a bit close that charge, don't you think Nigel?" or "I like the juxtaposition of the panzies and the welding torch." And in return we are given a solemn nod of acknowledgment. Then we are left to bask in the glow of affirmation.

Mayhaps, I am jealous. I long for that affirmation to suddenly be notified that yes, mine is a blog of note. Perhaps that having so recently acquired the taste for writing down my thoughts and opinions in the public domain I want them to be as public as possible. Read on ye ends of the Earth! For when I blog, let no monitor be untouched, let no screen be spared the fiery black pixelation that is my words neatly typed in twelve point font! Perhaps I need to work on my medium.
Speaking of mediums, I think that this generation has got some very unique forms of communication. I was thinking, what if some great men in the past had had access to the resources and methods of communication that we have today. Do you think the ten commandments would have been as well recieved if they had been sent out in the form of a mass text message?

Sent 4:52 p.m.:

1. no gds b4 me."

2. dont prA to jpegs

3. dont talk bad bout me

4. keep sabbath da

recieved 5:01 p.m.

Sent 4:54 p.m.

y holy.

5.do what parents say

6. dont kill

delivery fail rest of
message
irretrievable.


Or Blog?

"Went up to the top of Horeb today and there were some gorgeous views. If I'd brought a hammer and chisel I would have gotten some great shots. Sometimes it's good to just get away from it all. I know that I'm called of God, but sometimes even I need to just take a break and get out among nature."

Perhaps if it occurred on facebook?

Moses just got out of camp for a while to stretch his legs. 7:46 a.m.

Aaron is in charge until Moses gets back, what am I supposed to do? 8:04 a.m.

God poked Moses 9:13 a.m.

Isrealites are bored, anybody got anything going on? 9:37 a.m.

God tagged Moses in his note "10 commandments" 10:28 a.m.

Isrealites are still booooored!!! isnt anybody doing anything!?!?!? 11:53 a.m.

Moses is having the most amazing day EVER!!!! 12:17 p.m.

Evil Isrealites invited Isrealites to the event "Rockin the Camp, party 2400 B.C." 12:20 p.m.

Isrealites RSVP'd attending to the event "Rockin the Camp, party 2400 B.C." 12:25 p.m.

Isrealites we'll bring brownies and decorations. 12:42 p.m.

Aaron hates chaperoning how did I get myself roped into this? 12:51 p.m.

Isrealites downloaded the "Make Decorations" application and made a Golden Calf!!! 1:07 p.m.

Evil Isrealites this party is awesome 3:15 p.m.

Isrealites are dancing the night away... 7:14 p.m.

Isrealites superpoked God with a Golden Calf! 8:00 p.m

God can't believe how ungrateful people are 8:01 p.m.

Moses can't believe how stupid his people are 8:03 p.m.

Aaron is in so much trouble... 9:05 p.m.

Moses superpoked Evil Isrealites with stone tablets 9:18 p.m.

God superpoked Evil Isrealites with swords of the faithful 9:20 p.m.

God ended his relationship with Evil Isrealites 9:30 p.m.

Isrealites just want to say sorry, and if you're reading this you know who you are. 9:45 p.m.

Moses tagged Isrealites in note "10 commandments" 10:07 p.m.

Somehow I don't think that all of this has quite the same effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment